Communicating compelling academic research
This programme is designed for communications professionals wanting to develop a communications campaign that shares compelling academic research.
You will understand:
- Why strategic alignment is an essential starting point for your campaign
- Methods for conducting effective stakeholder engagement
- How to set objectives to measure the success of your campaign
- How to identify audiences that will help you to achieve your objectives
- Different approaches to research and understand your audiences
- How to use audience insight to inform your campaign planning
- Ways to present your campaign idea to academic colleagues to secure buy-in
- Common concerns about participating in a campaign, and how to offer reassurance
- How to establish a workflow of collaboration and communication with academic colleagues
- Methods for gathering compelling content about research projects
- Adapting content for different platforms and mediums
- Different approaches taken by research communications in the education sector and beyond
- How to make your content go further: cutting, crossposting, curating, and commissioning
- How to respond to engagements: monitoring, managing, messaging, and measuring
- How to report the success of your campaign to your stakeholders
Simon is a senior content strategist for Pickle Jar Communications. He has over 10 years of experience in the Higher Education sector, having worked on four different campuses in a variety of recruitment and marketing roles.
He now advises schools, colleges, universities and regulators on content strategy projects. His specialisms include marketing and communications strategy, social media recommendations, delivering engaging workshops, and creating compelling copy.
As a published author, Simon is particularly interested in storytelling, and how to communicate education sector stories with greater impact.
John is Pickle Jar Communications’ Head of Content. Drawing from more than a decade in journalism in newsrooms across the country, John helps the company and its clients to tell stories about the achievements and ideas that matter to them.
He has worked as a journalist-in-residence for startups and international research projects, and has delivered training and campaigns using a variety of tools and techniques, including audio, social, and smartphone storytelling.
Simon Fairbanks, Senior Content Strategist at Pickle Jar Communications
John Hill, Head of Content at Pickle Jar Communications